REQUIREMENTS TO STAY IN A FLATSHARE WITH ERASMO FLAT:
– Be of an age between 18 and 30.
– Accreditation of studies or job.
– To sign the rental agreement, the cohabitation rules and to make the payment of the deposit (to book) and the first month of the rent (at your arrival).
HOW TO BOOK A ROOM FOR RENT IN SPAIN WITH ERASMO FLAT?
Look for one of our rooms to find one that suites you.
To book a room in a shared flat in Madrid or Barcelona it is necessary to pay 100 % of the deposit. As soon as we receive the money the room is already considered booked.
The deposit can be paid by credit card or through bank transference, make sure to do in advance to avoid problems at the arrival in Madrid.
– Minimum stay period (A): From September 1st, to December 31th at least or the 31st of January. For departures during January, only the days of stay will have to be paid.
– Minimum stay period (B): From January or February to June 30th or the 31st of July. For departures during July, only the days of stay will have to be paid.
– Minimum stay period (C): From 1st of July to 31st of August.
DEPOSIT OF THE ROOM
What is the amount of the deposit?
The amount is equal to the monthly rent.
What is the purpose of the deposit?
The deposit has got two purposes: booking a room and guaranty of payment.
The apartment must be left in the same situation as it was in the beginning. Because of this it is not allowed to pay the last months rent with the deposit.
Conditions to get back the deposit
Erasmo Flat will be in charge for the return of the deposit, which will be returned once the following points have been fulfilled:
- To have paid the entire rental payments and that there’s no consumption over the limits established by contract. If there’s any bill that goes beyond the limit established by the contract, the proportional part (dividing the overconsumption by the persons that live in the flat) will be deducted from the deposit.
- To leave the room in the same conditions as in the moment of the check in. All the elements of the room will be checked.
- The return of the keys.
- The fulfillment of the rules of cohabitation.
When do I get my deposit?
At the end of the stay and after the verification of the above-mentioned points, the deposit will be returned through bank transfer within 40 days after the check-out of the flatshare. All the commissions from the bank transfer will be in charge of the customer.
What happens if I want to leave the room before the contract expires?
If within the first 24 hours of your arrival you change your mind and decide not to stay in the flatshare, the 50% of the deposit will be returned. In that case you will have to give the keys back during the first 24h of your arrival and leave the room clean and in the same condition you have found it. Cancellations after the first 24h of your arrival will mean the lost of the whole deposit.
At the time you make the payment of the deposit, the room is definitely booked and we stop offering it to others.
The contract of renting a student accommodation concerns your principal residence in Spain.
The person staying in the room has the right to extend the contract. It has to be done one month before the contract expires, and the Erasmo Flat team must agree with it.
Termination of the contract
The contract expires at the end of the agreed period of stay.
If the person living in Madrid or Barcelona in a room for rent is unable to follow the obligations according to the contract, he/she should leave the room, and will lose the deposit.
MONTHLY RENT AND BILLS
When do I pay the rent?
The monthly rent is always paid in the beginning of the month, between the 1st and the 5th.
If someone is unable to pay the rent on time he/she should let the Erasmo Flat team know as early as possible. It is a penalty of 3% of the price of the rent, each day of delay in payment.
How to pay the months of arrival and leaving?
If a person arrives to the student accommodation when the month has already started, or leaves in the middle of the month (if it is indicated in the contract), he/she only has to pay for the days of stay, including the days of arrival and leaving. If it has not been indicated in the contract, the person has the pay for the full month.
The monthly rent includes the bills?
All the bills of the utilities are including in the price, except an over consumption.
In all the contract are established the quantity of the bills that are included in the price.
All of our flats have got wireless Internet, it is not necessary to pay this apart, it is always included in the rent.
How to pay the rent?
The rent shall be paid between the 1st and the 5th of the month by a bank transfer to an account of Erasmo Flat or by Credit Card at our office.
The name of the person paying shall always be indicated.
MAINTENANCE OF THE FLAT
The flat share is not a hostel, the housemates are therefore responsible of washing, cooking and cleaning themselves. However, in some of the flats a weekly cleaning service is included in the rent. It concerns only the common area.
If a person staying in a flat thinks that whomever is responsible for the maintenance not is doing its job in a proper way he/she should let the Erasmo Flat team know about it.
The housemates shall always make sure everything in the common areas is in order: the zinc always empty from plates and pots, the kitchen and living room always in order. The cleaning service does not include cleaning of the private rooms, neither doing the dishes nor taking out the garbage.
Erasmo Flat is always obliged to repair what might break in the flat, such as the kitchen equipment for example. If it has not been provoked by anyone staying in the flat (if so, the person responsible will be in charge of making sure that whatever is broken will be fixed).
The housemates are obliged to tell the Erasmo Flat team about faults and breakdown as early as possible. The reparation will be done as soon as possible. Let us know by email to Email.
WAYS TO AVOID THEFT AND ACCIDENTS
Some advises to guarantee your safety during your stay in the flat
– Always keep the door locked, as well while being inside.
– Never open the door to stranger who rings the bell.
If someone tries to enter asking for someone working at Erasmo Flat, phone 638 48 71 71 (Also Whatsapp).
We remind you that the apartment for rent in Madrid or Barcelona of Erasmo Flat are all located in the center of the city and there might of course be robbers and thieves in the area, even though it is not common. This is no reason to be scared, just use your common sense and mistrust whatever unknown. To avoid problems always lock the door with the key, leaving or entering the house.
– In the case of smell of gas, open the windows, turn off the boiler and close the passing of gas with the key. If you do not know how to do it, immediately warn someone working at Erasmo Flat.
– Do not use candles, and do not leave the kitchen unattended while cooking.
– It is obligatory to turn off all your electrical devices if you are not in your room, such as computer, phone charger and heating.
– Never leave money or other things of value unattended in the house. The Erasmo Flat team is not responsible for lost things or thefts in the rooms. Nevertheless, every tenant has got its own key to its room. It is expected that the housemates show each other respect.
– Do not throw in the toilet what is not supposed to be thrown there (sanitary pads, papers, etc.)
ADVICE: Madrid, as any other big city, has also got problems with pickpockets. Be very careful in the Metro, and in the touristic areas.
COHABITATION IN THE FLATSHARE
Among the housemates
If someone of the housemates would fall very ill, the others have the obligation to call an ambulance (phone number 112). If it is not a very serious illness the Erasmo Flat team still trust the housemates to help taking care of whoever is ill, with medication and food for example.
To guarantee that everyone in the flat gets a good, fast Internet connection, we ask the housemates not to download big quantities of data of for example movies and series.
If someone has got problems with one of the housemates it is possible that some of the is unable to fulfill the part of the contract that treats the co-living (for example, does not clean, takes home strangers, etc.) In this case, the concerned housemate shall know that it is not his/hers fault, but the person unable to fulfill the obligations in the contract. The best way to solve the problem is to talk to the person, if necessary, also tell the Erasmo Flat team. It would be very unfair if someone would have to move because of someone else incapability.
Relation between the housemates and the Erasmo Flat team
The contract only concerns to room to rent, not the entire accommodation of the flat share, therefore the Erasmo Flat team has got the right to visit the common areas at any time. The visits are only made to show and rent out the empty rooms, or to improve or repair, something in the apartment.
At times mail will be sent to the flat that is addressed to the owner. The tenants should then keep it and hand it over to the Erasmo Flat team.
Relation with the neighbors
If the housemates are harmed or disturbed by the neighbors, they should preferably communicate with the Erasmo Flat team first. Same if any other problem comes up concerning the neighbors.
ACTIVITIES WITH ERASMO FLAT
The Erasmo Flat team does not only offer housing, but also organizes trips and parties for everyone.
Any suggestions by the housemates can be sent to Email.
ADVICE CONCERNING TAKING CARE OF THE FLAT
– It is advisable to air the rooms of the house every day.
– Pots and pans should be washed straight after using them; it is appropriate to use tools of wood while cooking.
– If the kitchen has got vitro, it should be cleaned with products suitable for it. Grease should always be cleaned off straight after using the kitchen. It is appropriate to use the right tools.
– Never leave the garbage in the house, always take it down to throw it.
– Do not throw things in the toilet that should not be thrown there, such as sanitary pads, paper, etc..
SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE THE CO-LIVING
To be able to live together it is necessary follow some basic, concrete and realistic rules, make sure you are aware of them before moving in.
After cooking it is essential to clean everything that has been used, and to keep the kitchen in good order for the next coming person to use it.
Establish a routine among all the housemates to buy the common products, such as toilet roll, cleaning products, etc. Also have a schedule for throwing the rubbish, and make sure it is done EVERY DAY.
Respect the neighbors; it should be quiet from 22:00 till 09:00.
Few things are left to agree upon, important is to always keep a clear communication with the housemates. Treat each other with respect, and if a problem comes up, always talk to the person it concerns first of all.
TO INFORM ABOUT BREAKDOWNS AND OTHER PROBLEMS
If something breaks or any other problem comes up, it is essential to inform the Erasmo Flat team as soon as possible, email or phone 638 48 71 71 (Also Whatsapp)
Describe the breakdown as detailed as possible, the cause and at what time it happened. The team will solve the problem as soon as possible.
Office Erasmo Flat in Madrid
Address: Calle Fuencarral 22, 2 Ext. C, 28004, Madrid.
Phone: 638 48 71 71 (Also Whatsapp)
Office Erasmo Flat in Barcelona
Address: Calle Jonqueres 4, Entr 1ª, Metro Urquinaona.
Phone: 638 48 71 71 (Also Whatsapp)
THE ERASMO FLAT TEAM WANTS TO IMPROVE
The Erasmo Flat team is always open to any suggestions from the flat mates, concerning the flats as well as other activities. Send you suggestions to email.